We have a new edition of our Homes in The Spotlight blog. New questions have been answered, starting with @rosejouinteriors who has given great tips across the interview and has provided major inspiration!
1. When did you move into your home and start your home project?
I moved in at the start of 2021.
2. Do you see your account as one to inspire others or as a journal of your home evolution?
I wanted to be able to help and inspire others to make their homes their own happy place. The pandemic taught me that your home really can affect how you feel so it’s important to create a haven for yourself no matter what your budget is.
3. We agree, we have learned how special a home should feel. How would you describe your home style?
I would say modern with a touch of glam.
4. How have you approached each project/room?
My flat is a new build so only required furnishing. I started off with a mood board to get a sense of the style that I wanted to achieve. I then measured up the space to play around with layouts and what could fit in the space. I did a lot of research on the staple investment pieces as I wanted to them to last and then took more time with the accessories and styling pieces.
5. Such good tips, who doesn't love a mood board? Any 2022 interior goals?
My main goal this year is to finish the interior design course I have been working on the past few months.
6. That's so exciting, think of all the new tips you will learn! Do you have any inexpensive tricks for updating a room?
Yes, quite a few!
I love DIY. A lick of paint can work wonders for up-cycling either your own furniture or second hand finds.
Creating your own artwork, which can be in the form of painting or crafts. I have a few around my home that I have painted myself and it makes your home more unique too!
7. Those tips are super handy, a good bit of DIY is key. What would you say are your main investment pieces in your home?
My bed and sofa I would say are the main ones - I was very particular with what I wanted and made sure that I did my research and didn’t compromise. With the sofa I was looking for comfort, affordability and style and I found exactly that with Sofa Club! For my bed I was looking for a classic neutral design that could stand the test of time and it had to have storage.
8. Nothing beats the best investment pieces, a sofa from The Sofa Club is always one them. When the budget is limited, what are the priorities to make a house feel like a home?
You can check out Rose's amazing home account here: @rosejouinteriors
Need some inspo? Check out her latest styling reel here over on our @sofaclub.uk Instagram!Stay tuned for more upcoming Q+As and don’t forget to tag us in your home content featuring our sofas - we would love to feature you in one of our upcoming blogs.Sofa Club x
Comments will be approved before showing up.